Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hey everybody!! Kelly here!

We just got back from doing a service for a little church in Troy Montana. Troy has a population of about 925! It looked smaller though, it takes about 5 minutes to drive through it. (crazy!) The little church we visited was called "the Door of Hope Church" and it had a congregation of about 20 people, including us and children! In the past few years they have been through 4 pastors and one that lived in Spokane Washington who did sermons through the internet on their little projector screen! It was such a blessing to be there! Jeremy and I were accompanied by Eddie Campos on the cajon and worship was sweet! There was an older gentleman named Dennis, that comes regularly that has been deaf his whole life but was never taught how to communicate properly. They never taught him how to read lips or sign, or even read very well. His sister, Lola, has done her best to teach him some signing and some lip reading, but this poor man has lived the majority of his life without communication with people! (He could barely sign his own name!) So it was incredible to see him this morning watching his sister signing the words to the worship and trying to sign the words himself! It just showed me that I take SO MUCH for granted! And I also wondered what kind of amazing conversations God has had with him. How God knows exactly how to meet Dennis and speak directly to him, and supply all his needs! We need to catch ourselves complaining that we "cant hear the Lord" or "well if the Lord would just tell me..." the Lord does tell us, and the Lord is speaking! We just have to take the time to listen! And we cant be so focused on our own lives like I was with whether or not I'm supposed to be here in Bonners Ferry. There are so many more lives to be concerned over! Souls to be won to the Lord! Bondage's to be broken and chains to be loosed!!! The enemy has a hold on the people here and I cant be wasting time wondering about the Lords will for my life when I know where I am supposed to be right now, and be faithful in that! I know I am called here! I know the Lord has a will, I just need to be obedient and pray for the Lords will in others lives. Colossians 1:9 "For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding." Be encouraged, take heart, and start fighting for the heart of your King! The unsaved around you.

With His love,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Well Jesi looks like all those years of me teaching you girls sign and then you taking it in high school is gonna pay off for Dennis! Did you talk with him?

    Enjoy the rain, it's HOT here! Luv ya, ~mama

    ReplyDelete